Debug/error codes

Hal Vaughan hal at flightsoffancyfilms.com
Wed Nov 28 13:04:06 GMT 2001

In regards to this and the whole printer problem:

Last night I decided to try logging off one of the Win2k boxes and log in,
with the same user name, but only to the Win2k box, not to the
network.  Printing worked perfectly.  As long as I was not a network user,
defined by the Linux server files, I could print.  It took several hours,
but I finally got it working -- I also had to go through Win2k's add user
and add all the users from the network files.

So it's working -- the next step is to see what is available to
automatically add network users to Win2k boxes so this doesn't happen again
without me having to manually add each user to each Win2k box.

I'm not a programmer, and I'm fairly new to Linux and real computers.  I
haven't yet had to check into adding users to Win2k from the network --
Isn't there a way to do it, like using NIS on Linux?

Thanks for all the help on getting this working.  Some of the config
changes I made earlier that did not work before are working just fine now!

Hal

At 09:02 AM 11/28/2001, you wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Hal Vaughan wrote:
>
> > [2001/11/26 23:03:29, 3] lib/util_seaccess.c:se_access_check(242)
> >    se_access_check: also S-1-5-11
> > [2001/11/26 23:03:29, 5] lib/util_seaccess.c:se_access_check(300)
> >    se_access_check: access (c000c) denied.
> > [2001/11/26 23:03:29, 4] printing/nt_printing.c:print_access_check(3410)
> >    access check was FAILURE
> > [2001/11/26 23:03:29, 3]
> > rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_open_printer_ex(812)
> >    access DENIED for printer open
> >
> > (of course, this is only part -- the entry before the denials and the
> denials).
> >
> > I've been trying to find soemplace that will tell me what these messages
> > mean and why Samba is rejecting access when it does not reject access to
> > file shares.
>
>Check the security descriptor (security tab_ on the printer.
>c000c should map to PRINTER_ACCESS_ADMINISTER.
>My guess is that this is not the root of your problems, but simply
>the normal mode of windows attempting to open the printer with
>the highest privlege set first (and then falling back to
>PRINTER_ACCESS_USE).
>

>chau, jerry
>  www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
>  www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
>  http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard      gerald_carter_at_hp.com
>  --"I never saved anything for the swim back." Ethan Hawk in Gattaca--

"To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the sun."