Samba/Linux security and sync

jose jose at centralpr.com
Wed Nov 28 08:53:04 GMT 2001

Hello Brendan,

   (I have sent the previous  email to a wrong address)

    I have this options:

    encrypt passwords = yes
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *changed*

and it works fine. My Samba version  is 2.2.0a running on a  Linux Slackware 8.0.

It works correctly in both cases
  1) as root      # smbpasswd username
  2) as user     $ smbpasswd

Best regards