Samba 2.0.7 and Win98SE

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Nov 28 08:04:07 GMT 2001

Well, that's wierd...
Question; you have 2 win98se boxes that do NOT have this problem, and
1 that does.  If you put in the exact same card from a win98se box
that WORKS into the one that doesn't, does it still fail?  And if it
does, take a look at the driver for the card in the win98se box that
fails compared to the one that works - is the driver the same revision?
are the parameters for the driver the same?  If not, try copying the
driver from the working pc over to the bad pc, and updating the driver
in the device manager....
I'm no pc expert, but it does sound more like a driver/hw issue on the
win98se pc than anything in Mandrake...
If the above (at the card and driver level) don't take care of it,
check the tcpip settings between the two machines in the registry, although
this is a long shot...
Don