problem of access with files accentuated

Ariel Mella samba at nebula-sa.com.ar
Wed Nov 28 05:01:07 GMT 2001

Alexandre:
are you using vfs in samba?
what version?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alexandre Salome
  To: samba
  Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:55 AM
  Subject: problem of access with files accentuated

  I need of helps for do backup of a server windows2000(english).

  In the files accentuated, presents to following message:

  ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \f\adm\Arquivos diversos e tempor rios\Tabela Master de Importaao.xls (\f\adm\Arquivos diversos e temporarios\

  They are more of 60 pages with this message.

  When I rename the name of the file to without accent, it works perfectly and in the win2000 (portuguese), too.

  Is it possible to make a backup without to rename the files?

  I hope for your help to solution this problem

  Please (by the love of God)