Samba Speed issue

Colin Haffenden chaffend at msxi-euro.com
Wed Nov 28 04:22:06 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have a Sun E250 running Samba 2.2.2 (recently upgraded as I thought
that may be the problem).

The problem we seem to be having is that files copying from a NT
machine to the sun server are slow (copies at a normal rate, then slows
almost to a stop regardless of file size, i.e, 30k file can take 1min
and a 1mb file can take 3-4 seconds)

I cannot see a pattern in this at all, it is completely random.

Files copying from the sun server to NT is fast.

I was wondering if you know what this could be or if it is a known
bug.

The Solaris version is 8.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Colin.

This Message has been Checked at MSXI for all known Viruses.
You open this at your own risk. Please make sure all replies are
also virus free.
MSXI