samba SuSE bootup script ?

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 28 04:01:21 GMT 2001

Hi

On Wednesday 28 November 2001 08:27, machens at nibis.de wrote:

> please can someone tells me the way, that I can create
> samba to automatic start up after reboot on SuSE 7.3 ?
> I don´t see some instructions on www for SuSE rc.config
> and I´m not a profi for this:o).
> have someone a instruction howto for SuSE - or a link ?

If you are using the SuSE samba packages you just have to change the line:
START_SMB="no"
START_SMB="yes"

or you can use Yast 1 (don't know if you can do it with Yast 2)
	Administration -> Change Config file (retranslated from German:
Administration des Systems -> Konfigurationsdatei verändern)

If you don't use the suse packages add a file containing nmbd,smbd to
/etc/rc.d and add links to /etc/rc.d/rc3.d or /etc/rc.d/rc5.d

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger