Help...Help....WInbind Enum User Problem in Samba 2.2.2

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Nov 27 19:03:12 GMT 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, ncc22, Gecis (CAP, GECIS) wrote:

> 1. I have configured every this as required by , step by step. But still I am not able to login with ( domain name\username in my system's console as well as from remote. How to
> resolve this proble . Please  advise.

If you can give us some information on what type of errors you get (check the
"messages" file) we might be able to locate the problem.

> 2. How can I give domain administrative group eqivalent to root. For assigning the permission through nt Explorer.

You can't that I know of.

> 3. Is there any patch through which I can use usrmgr and srvmgr for creating user or maintaing shares.

You can use the pam modules mkhome I don't have a URL that will create a users
home directory for you.  Samba automagically shares that out.  So that it the
user side of things taken care of.  You may want to look at swat for creating
your share remotly.  I don't believe that you can make shares on a samba
server with svrmgr.

> 4. How can I implement user group quota in any perticular samba share.

You can only implement Quotas on a file system so you would either have to
ensure that the share you want to protect it on a seperate disk (or partition)
or give up on the Idea of group quotas.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein