Winbind patch

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 27 19:00:03 GMT 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:44:13PM -0500, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> jra at samba.org (Jeremy Allison) writes:
>
> > Patch looks good, except we can't arbitrarily add pthread code into
> > here, as we run on many platforms that don't support it at all.
>
> True, but not that part of the code. Not many platforms use the
> nss_winbind module, and I'm pretty sure all of them would have
> pthreads.

Ha. :-). Sorry for the ironic laugh..... But that's not
neccessarily true. I know Solaris + Linux do, but we really
do need a separate config for the pthread part, otherwise
I guarentee on some platform you've never heard of we will
fail to build :-).

Besides, it's good engineering to be able to turn them
off in the build by editing the config.h to test problems
with & without.

Jeremy.