share modes

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 03:09:05 GMT 2001

Hello all,

I used to have

  share modes = no

on all my application shares as they were accessed for read-only. I
particularly put this on my netlogon share after someone got an exclusive
lock on part of the login script! I find with 2.2.2 that share modes is no
longer allowed and I get smbstatus lock entries for loads of application
stuff which people should be locking. What is the 2.2.2 equivalent which
turns of all locking on a share. I've got

  locking = no

but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Previous version was good old
1.9.18p10!

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed				To have no errors
Information Services			Would be life without meaning