Logon Script Problems

Jeff Lacy jeffdl at mn.mediaone.net
Mon Nov 26 23:27:22 GMT 2001

Hello Everyone,

I am having some trouble with logon scripts!  They were working perfectly
once but I must have changed something...  I would really
appreciate any advice you could give me about how to fix it.

My user name is 'jeff'.  My logon script should be
'\\server\netlogon\jeff.bat'.  When I log on, windows briefly says it can't
find the logon script.  After I have logged in, I can run
\\sever\netlogon\jeff.bat and it works perfectly.  I have included my
smb.conf file below.  I could include a log file, if that would be helpful?

smb.conf
---------------------------------------
# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = HOME
 netbios name = SERVER
 server string = Samba Server %v
 security = domain
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 update encrypted = Yes
 unix password sync = Yes
 time server = Yes
 logon script = %U.bat
 logon home = \\%L\%U
 logon drive = U:
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 255
 preferred master = True
 domain master = True
 log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m

[HOMES]
 volume = Home Directory
 comment = %U's Home Directory
 path = %H
 read only = No
 browseable = No

[netlogon]
 comment = Network Logon Directory
 path = /samba/netlogon
 read only = No
 browseable = No

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

P.S.    Sorry for the cross post, I wasn't sure where to post it!