printing error

Hans Rasmussen hans at sbsfor.com
Mon Nov 26 11:13:39 GMT 2001

what's your admin users set to??
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Ricker" <rickera2 at SLU.EDU>
To: "Samba NT-Dom" <samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org>; "Samba"
<samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: November 26, 2001 10:48 AM
Subject: printing error

All,
I have the following in my smb.comf for printing commands...

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   print ok = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
   lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
   lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release %p %j
   queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p stop
   queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p start

I got this from a tech guy from Red Hat. When I try to pause a print
job, it says "You do not have sufficient privaliges to modify this job."
I did a chmod 777 on /usr/bin and /usr/sbin to no avail. Red Hat support
(oxymoron) says that they have no idea as to what would be causing this
(windoze or linux). Any ideas?  Has anyone ran into this? System config
is Red Hat 7.1 with samba 2.2.2

Cheers,

Tony
-------------------------------