No writing to [homes] share

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sun Nov 25 17:59:02 GMT 2001

On 21 Nov 2001, Chris Tooley wrote:

> I apologize, I'm a moron for not reading the documentation on this
> first.  I have made the change but it doesn't seem to have helped, I
> still get an error:
>
> Windows cannot copy file \\filecabinet\profiles\dreed\Favorites\Media\
> to location c:\Documents and Settings\dreed\Favorites\Media\.  Contact
> your network administrator.
>
> DETAIL - The specified network name is no longer valid.
>
> Windows will log you on with a temporary....

I need a level 10 debug log surrounding the error.  Also it,
would be helpful to ahave a copy of your smb.conf and steps
for reproducing the error.  Send these to me offlist.
I'll try to take a look, but it will probably be the end of
next week.

chau, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org