samba 2.2.2 compilation errors

John Merryweather Cooper john_m_cooper at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 21:25:02 GMT 2001

On 2001.11.24 21:11 Selva Kumar Nataraj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile Samba 2.2.2 on Solaris 2.8. I am using GCC
> 3.0.2
> compiler. While compiling it gives error and stops. The config.log
> file
> shows that conftest.c file cannot be found. Through mailing list I
> came
> to know that this file is created on the fly. I am compiling as root
> and
> I have set the permissions properly. Is the problem with PATH ? if so
> what path should be mentioned in that ?

Hmm . . .

conftest.c is generated by the configure script.  Internally, the
configure script usually uses 'cat' to do this.  I know nothing of
Solaris--does it have a working 'cat'?  I'd start there.

> Pls help me.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Selva.
>
> --

jmc                               ||  MacroHard --                   \
                                   ||     the perfection of form over |
----------------------------------||     substance, marketing over   |
Web:  http://www.borgsdemons.com  ||     performance, and greed over |
                                   ||     design . . .                |