Win2K can't print to a Samba Printer?

Ian Chilton ian at ichilton.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 05:28:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

** Please CC replies to ian at ichilton.co.uk as I am not subscribed **

I have a Brother laser printer connected to a linux box running Samba.
It is working fine from Win98 workstations, but now I have Win2K on my
laptop, I am unable to print. This is because the linux box obviously
doesn't have the win2k driver so I tried to install it as a local
printer and then change it to a network path like I always did with
Win98, but this wouldn't work either - the driver installs etc but then
there seems to be no way to make it a network printer.

Has anyone else successfully done this or know of any docs on Win2k
printing to samba?

Thanks in Advance

Ian