win98printer+samba2.0.7

karel dabac dabac at post.cz
Sat Nov 24 01:43:02 GMT 2001

LaserjetHP4MP is connected to win98 machine
"server".
My goal is to print from Slackware7.1 machine
using Samba.

So far, I did:
smbclient //server/"HP 4MP" -P
  ...password etc...
smb> print /home/test.txt
  ...system annonuces printing but nothing really
happens until another printing job is being sent
from windows machine, printing my linux page as the first one.
My questions:
1.Are spaces in the name of the printer allowed?
The command smbclient -L server shows the printer as HP 4MP (not HP_4MP).

2.Can you please send me working /etc/printcap,
smb.conf or other related Samba files for the same
printer?
No matter which distribution, I will install anything accordingly. (The Slakc apsfilter worked
for me only when printed locally).

Thanks a lot,
<dabac at post.cz>

---