samba-admin@lists.samba.org

Sujan Nandy sujan at ebizindia.com
Fri Nov 23 20:57:03 GMT 2001

Dear friends,
                    One of my friends got a ttypical problem with installing
linux on a m/c with PIII 933 MHz. , 256 MB SDRAM , 20 GB HDD with SIS 6326
motherboard [ intel 815EEA chipset ] + 8 MB sahred memory. He made a dos FAT
32 partition with 12 GB keeping win98 and another 8GB as non dos for Linux
 Red Hat 7.1 ] While installing and specifying / , /boot , /usr , /usr/src ,
/usr/local and swap we got a typical error saying the partion is above 1023
sectors or clustors. After this at last it goes for instatllation and after
finishing it asks for boot disk. The main concern is that /boot fails even
after he gave 7 mb to it. The first time the m/c boots perfectly but after
booting it hangs and we are forced to rebbot it. This time it goes for a
toss with sytem check by going [ FIXED ] . while checking /usr it fails and
tells us to go for maintenance with root password or press Ctrl - D for
reboot. Here my friend is helpless.
                What should we do? Can anyone out there please help us. i
have tried to give almost every detail possible, so i think I can expect a
reasonably good solutions from any of the good guys out there! can you also
please specify the mounting sizes to be given to say / , /usr , /boot , swap
for 8GB...

Regards n best wishes
Sujan Nandy

Agrawal Consultants
AE-686
Phone : 3581449
sujan at ebizindia.com

Agrawal Consultants, Calcutta, India
Authorised dealer of PostMaster, by QuantumLink Communications Pvt. Ltd.
One Internet account, Unlimited E-mail IDs.