file ownership

Ries van Twisk riest at franksintl.nl
Fri Nov 23 06:34:02 GMT 2001

My [shared_folder] section looks like this:

[shared_folder]
        comment = Directory for file sharing
        path = /home/office/shared_folder
        valid users = @office
        write list = @office
        force group = office
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770

When a file or dir is created I just force it the the office group and set group
persmissions of files to read/write and for direcotrys to read/write/execute.

So every user that is in the office group can share files with each other. We use that
shared folder to copy files across different workgroups. All files older then 1 month is
deleted automaticly using a cron script to keep this directory clean.

Ries