Query with Samba 2.0.7

Joel Hammer jhammer2 at home.com
Thu Nov 22 08:41:02 GMT 2001

It is as I feared. I made test directory chmod 777, saved some
stuff, and found:
-rwxrw-rw-   1 ftp      ftp            54 Nov 22 11:09 ~$syFile
-rwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            5 Nov 22 11:07 ~WRL0002.tmp
in the directory. ftp is my guest user. This was done with word. So, it
seems that you need to find a way to make word used another directory when
it makes these temporary files.
I also notice that the owner of my test files are changed to ftp if I can
save to this directory, too.
I set the sticky bit on test, but then again word cannot save to my testfile
anymore.
So, it seems that word needs read and write capability on the directory and
also needs to be able to erase the file it is saving.
There must be a way to solve this but I have to go clean the kitchen.
Joel