Connecting to servers via IP

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Nov 22 05:43:04 GMT 2001

NO expert here on cross network stuff. I did that here at home for fun and
had to use a wins server. Someone has to tell you the ip of the netbios
name. Sometimes the DNS name is the same as the netbios name, and you might
be able to find the ip by asking the DNS for that name. If you can ping that
host with the netbios name, you might be able to do it.
I do not know if you can broadcast onto a another network.
Joel