Problems with Excel and Access files

STI sti at sti-lda.pt
Wed Nov 21 13:14:14 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have a problem width some excel files in my Samba File server because when I try to open from a WinMe client, the client machine always craches width a error in the vredir.vxd and ifsmgr.vxd. I think is a problem in oplocks or something like that.
In the mdb files, the MS Access tolds me that can't open the file exlusively!
Can anybody help me?

What configuration should I have in [Global] and [Files] sections?
What unix permission should I have in the directory and excel, access files?

Tia,

Jorge Mota

Sociedade Torreense de Informática, Lda.
Praça 25 de Abril, N.º1A
2560-286 Torres Vedras

Telefone: 351 261 316 245
Telefax:   351 261 316 239