Everyone: Please listen [was RE: Win2k-->Linux-->Epson777]

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Nov 21 07:32:47 GMT 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Jim Richardson wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem too, on version 2.2.1a and 2.2.2.
> The printer does work however, just always shows status of "Access denied,
> unable to connect"

I'm not answering this question anymore :-)

See the "use client driver" parameter in 2.2.2 **if**
you are serving printers to NT/2k clients and are **not**
supporting downloading of drivers to clients.

See teh smb.conf(5) man page for more details
as well as the Printing chapter in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf
file.

Thanks.

cheers,jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org