help - smbclient works: smbmount doesn't

Parker, Chris Chris_Parker at bmc.com
Wed Nov 21 06:48:04 GMT 2001

Naturally, you tinker around with stuff long enough and you break it.

I am running Samba 2.2.2 on a Corel linux box and am attempting to connect
to a share on a windows XP system.  At one point, this was working fine.
Then I spent time trying to reconfigure my kernel so that I could attach a
floppy tape drive and now I can connect with smbclient to the share, but I
cannot with smbmount.  I have verified that smbfs is selected in the kernel
config.  Is there anything else that anyone can think of that I could have
botched up?  I have already tried reinstalling samba as well.

thanks,
Chris