strange message ins log after login ad users files closed form smbd

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Wed Nov 21 05:05:03 GMT 2001

Hello,

after a user log in i find the following message in the logfile

[2001/11/21 13:40:30, 0] passdb/pampass.c:smb_pam_passcheck(826)
  smb_pam_passcheck: PAM: smb_pam_auth failed - Rejecting User pers_barbara !

The strange is that the user is logged in even if the log tells me the user is
rejected.

The problem is that this message is added to the log even while the user is
working with this server ( every x minutes, where x changes from 10 to 60 )

When the user has files open while this happens, the files are closed and the
app crashes. ( DOS application )

We have plaintext passwords and --with-pam.

Thanks
Andreas

P.S. Please answer also via e-amil if possible