Samba - windows - win2k

Hans Scheffers hans at jiffie.nl
Wed Nov 21 03:53:14 GMT 2001

Hi,
I am still looking for the answer to my problem, i.e. windows not seeing
the smb serbver in the networkneighbourhood.
Here is my setup:

Linux RH 7.1 Server / SMB 2.2.1a-4 (upgraded yesterday), IP Address
192.168.1.2

Firewall / Smoothwall:
IP 1: 192.168.1.1 (DMZ side)
IP 2: 192.168.0.1 (Internal Network)

I opened UDP 137/138 and TCP 139 from DMZ to Internal (Internal to DMZ
allows all)

Internal Network:
192.168.0.x: Win'98SE Clients
               These clients can connect to the shares on the smb server
               When I type \\JIFFIE_SERVER in explorer, I get all the shares
192.168.0.x: Win2K client
               This client can connect to the shares on the smb server
               When I type \\JIFFIE_SERVER in explorer, I get an error
that th smb server cannot be found.

On all the clients EnablePlainTextPassword is set and this seems to work.
I just don't see the server in my NetworkNeighbourhood and I get this
error from win2k.

I hope someone can help me with this, and maybe someone also can tell me
what to put in the wins configuration of the winXX clients when I want
to use the smb server as wins server.

Here is my smb.conf:

--
Hans Scheffers