Problem: requested 10000 open files, 1014 are available ??

geoff at centrifugepartners.com geoff at centrifugepartners.com
Tue Nov 20 23:37:02 GMT 2001

WORKS!

Well, I don't know why, but as soon as I unplugged my brother's G4, witch is
running Dave (the mac file sharing client), both samba servers perked right
up and worked!

Why is this? He needs to access them also, what can I do?

I am running 2.0.6 and if I try to upgrade via RPM to 2.2.2 it gives me an
rpm dependancy error: "samba = 2.0.7 is needed by samba-swat-2.0.07-36"

So, its up working, but I would really like to know why is stopped, beucase
this just seems to unstable.

Thanks again,
-geoff