Problem printing from NT to printer attached to LInux box

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Nov 20 21:10:27 GMT 2001

Have you run checkpc -f as root?
Here is what my /var/spool/lpd/ps looks like with ls -al:

[root at cc846558-a jlh]# ls -al /var/spool/lpd/ps
total 110
drwx--S---   2 daemon   lp           2048 Nov 16 20:19 . <---/ps
drwx--S---  13 daemon   lp           1024 Nov 12 19:42 .. <--/lpd
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp             69 Feb 20  2001 control.ps
-rwx------   1 daemon   lp            416 Feb 27  2001 filter
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp          68658 Aug  6 09:07 log
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              5 Feb 18  2001 lp0
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              5 Feb 18  2001 lp1
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              2 Aug 18 16:46 ps
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              0 Dec 19  1999 status
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp           3892 Aug  6 09:08 status.ps
-rw-------   1 daemon   lp              6 Aug  6 09:07 unspooler.ps

I must say, I do not understand what the "S" is saying about permissions.
That adds group id on execution of a file (chmod 4700) but I do not know
what that means for a directory. May have to do with who can descend the
directory.
Joel