winbind and groups

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Nov 20 13:35:03 GMT 2001

I've got Samba 2.2.2 and winbind up and running fine
between a TurboLinux server and an NT 4.0 PDC.  I can
"chown" files on the linux box fine using "$chown
DOMAIN+username filename" but when i try to change an
objects group using "$chgrp DOMAIN+groupname filename"
i get errors stating that it is an invalid group name.

What's the deal here?  None of my group names are using
spaces.  "chown" works great for all DOMAIN users but
"chgrp" will not work for any groups at all.

If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
VeKTeReX