Problem uninstalling Samba

Tulloch, Alex ATulloch at aviagen.com
Tue Nov 20 01:01:37 GMT 2001

I am running Samba on my Sun server (solaris2.7)

I need to completely stop all Samba processes running, while I evaluate
another piece of software. I have commented out the lines in the
/etc/inetd.conf file, and while that has stopped the file-sharing aspect of
Samba, the printing from Solaris to windows printers is still running.

can anyone give me some advice on how to stop ALL Samba processes!

thanks

please could you reply directly, as company policy doesnt allow me to
subscribe to the list permanently

thanks

Alex Tulloch
Systems Developer