Need some advice please.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Nov 19 20:00:09 GMT 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Doug Douglass wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Try http://sking.mesd.k12.or.us/ for samba 2.2.1a+LDAP. Make sure to grab
> the samba.schema also. Note that there is roughly the same samba.schema in
> the source for 2.2.2.

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

> FYI, I have heard people suggest using samba-tng with its LDAP support for
> authentication, and use good ole samba for file/print sharing...basically
> leveraging the strengths of each version. But from all I've read on tng,
> it's not ready (not intended?) for production.

That is the way I understand things also. :-(

> The recents threads on migration did not relate to LDAP, but to migrating
> from a Windows PDC to samba, and preserving things like user accounts,
> roaming profiles, etc. I can't find the threads now either, but I thought
> they were in Nov.
>
> There are a few of us out here using samba with an LDAP backend and I'm
> thankful to those who helped me with my questions.

It looks like I need more research time and to test this thoroughly in my
lab b4 even thinking about deploying anything. Then again that is the way
things should be for anything new. :-)

Thanks again,

--
......Tom		Dysfunction The Only Consistent Feature of All
tdiehl at rogueind.com	of Your Dissatisfying Relationships is You.