Win2k-->Linux-->Epson777

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Mon Nov 19 13:02:32 GMT 2001

Hello Family,

My RedHat-7.2 box prints perfectly to an Epson777 color injet
printer which I gave an IP address via a mini printserver attached
to the back of the printer.

I have a Windows2000 computer hooking into the same RedHat-7.2 box
via Samba-2.2.2 fine.

I have not been able to get my Windows2000 box to print to the
Epson777 color injet via Samba.

[question]

Since Linux already "filters" the docs it prints should I send the
Windows2000 files to the Linux box in RAW mode and let Linux filter
the text ?

If there is any "Windows2000 && Samba && Printing" success stories
(smb.conf files) or http://links to resources I'd appreciate it.

I've tried printing straight from the Windows2000 box to the
Epson777 color injet (static ip to statice ip) but for the life of
me can't get even a chirp out of the printer.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)