NT/2k - PDC

Claudiu Ciulei cciulei at paneuro.ro
Mon Nov 19 00:19:03 GMT 2001

Thank You for Samba - It's working very well as File Server (Tested 2.03 -
almost 2 years and work great !)

Last week I've set up my file server as NT - PDC (Samba 2.2.1a) under Linux
7.2  and I have some question about NT/2k ws clients.

I have already the linux accounts for every computer who can use the Samba
and log on Windows NT Domain from 95, 98, Me works fine.
If I want to join to domain from a NT (2000) ws I have to set up a new linux
account with user$ and to add to samba passwd as you describe in HOWTO.

Question :
Can I use the account already created (with them rights) without create a
new one ? I have user who log on domain from 98 ws or from 2000 ws and I
wish to have a global acces to resources without set a new user for NT/2000
ws.
Now the message at join to domain from 2000 ws is :
<<The acount used is a computer account. Use your global user account or
local user account to acces this server>>
 It's possible ?

Thnk You and Keep It Up !

Claudiu CIULEI
network engineer ROMCAB SA