New troubleshooting documentation available for download

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Sun Nov 18 15:55:03 GMT 2001

Folks,

I've placed a link to the PDF version of the "Troubleshooting
Techniques" chapter from the upcoming second edition of "Sam's
Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" at http://samba.org/docs/.

While this doc can't be placed in the Samba distribution
(Sam's Publishing holds the copyright), the hope is that
making it available for download will help to alleviate some
of the pain of diagnosing Samba configuration errors.

Note that the chapter does make references to other material
in the book.  This is unavoidable, but I think the information
is still very complete and stands on its own.

Enjoy.  Hope it helps some of you.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org