Slow DOS Client with samba 2.2.2

Gustavo Courault courault at gigared.com
Sun Nov 18 06:36:03 GMT 2001

Hi:

I just read the mailing list for my problem, I read almost the same question,
but i dont find the answer.

I change Novell 4.11 for Mandrake 8.1 with samba 2.2.2

The Win9x and Windows XP clients works fine and very fast.

The DOS Client is slow with samba, but in Netware 4.11 the Novell DOS client
was very fast running the same application.

My DOS Client is MS-DOS 6.22 with the TCP/IP stack of the Windows NT CD-ROM,
I make the client with this CD.

I supose that the problem was in the DOS client, then I install a MS-Windows
98 in another PC (Pentium III  550 MHz wih 128 Mbytes RAM, HD IDE 40 Gbytes)
With Win98 as server, the DOS client (an older RM-Cobol application) works
fine and very fast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.