Unable to print correctly html on Windows Printer (SMB) Share

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Nov 16 08:14:02 GMT 2001

I am at work right now and can't go into great detail but:
You need a print filter that will convert postscript files into files
understood by your printer. Then the file is dumped to the printer via the
NT share. Enscript is the usual tool to do this. Enscript is not installed
by default on RH 7.1 in client configuration. I too had no success using the
RH 7.1 printer configuration tool, and I would not use it.
What I would do if I were you is this:

1. Find out if enscript is installed on your system. If not, install it.
2. Play around with smbclient and its printing commands and figure out the
command you need to send a print job from your linux box to your NT server.
Once you can do that, you can set up your printcap file and its print filter
(no big deal) to handle all types of files.
I will be able to give you some samples of the files you will need after I
get back from work, in about 7 hours from now.
Joel