Office 2000 Problems for users designated "Domain User"

Patrick Reid p.j.reid at earthling.net
Fri Nov 16 04:14:03 GMT 2001

I am running Samba 2.2.2 on Redhat 7.2, with the kernel upgraded to 2.4.10.

At the moment, all of my Samba users have to be listed as "Domain Admins" in
order for Word to work. If they are set up as "Domain Users", every Word
won't start. I found an MS KB article which suggested changing some options
in the administrative tools, but it did not entirely fix the problem. Can
anyone help me with this? I don't want to give all of my users admin rights
on their local machines.

Patrick