Looking for a SAMBA share with W2K

Hiep Nguyen HNguyen at varsityspirit.com
Thu Nov 15 12:10:06 GMT 2001

I just installed RedHat 7.2.  It comes with SMB 2.2.1a-4.   I have been
looking through all the config settings in the smb.conf file and cannot get
samba to work.  Here is my scenerio i want to share a directory on the
linux server to allow all users to read from it.  I an on a Windows NT 4
domain and as my workstation i am using windows 2000.  I see the workgroup
i edited in my network neighborhood but when i try to access the workgroup
it gives me an access denied msg.  Do i have to set users up on the local
machine, there are about 2000 people on our domain that needs to access the
share.  Any suggestions???

TIA