install printer drivers on the server

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Thu Nov 15 11:28:03 GMT 2001

On 01:02 PM 11/15/2001 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>It's not beta.  it works :-)  I'm assumgin your read the Printing
>chapter right?  In Samba-HOWTO-Collection?

I can attest to that!!!!!! I was fearing that part of the setup,
remembering how convoluted it was in earlier versions of Samba, and when I
sat down and read the howto, I was amazed, astonished, and apopleptic at
how easy it was! :)

(And, FWIW--I managed to figure out the PAM configuration for FreeBSD
(though I'm still not convinced it's correct, it does seem to work lol!)

GOOD JOB, GUYS/GALS/ETC! :))))  (now if we can only get bidirectional
communication to the printers... *duck*cover*run*! :)))) )

Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator
Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges at lumeta.com