Temp files created on read-only share

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Nov 15 08:14:02 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Bill Grzanich wrote:

> >> [appsg]
> >>         comment = Apps in Applications
> >>         path=/home/applications/apps
> >>         public = No
> >>         read only = Yes
> >>         write list = @staff
> >>         printable = No
>
> That's what we have, isn't it?  Oh, you mean the Linux permissions!
> That would likely work, but shouldn't Samba have accomplished the same
> thing?  And that's the real point of my original message.  Why did
> Samba allow this?  Frankly, it's moot at this point, but still odd.
>
> >Is security by share or by user? What user name does samba run under if
> >security = share ?
>
> Security = domain.  We have NT servers for PDC and BDC, and users
> authenticate against them.

Please let me know the outcome of this.  If you get stuck,
send me a level 10 debug log and I'll take a look.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
 http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard