Temp files created on read-only share

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Nov 15 04:30:02 GMT 2001

Just a few ignorant questions/comments here.
Isn't this really a security issue for Word?
Would an NT server allow this to happen to it?
To track down this problem, I would set log level =3, misconfigure his Word
again, and watch the interaction.
Would changing permissions on the /home/applications/apps directory get
around this? Making the linux directory writable only by staff might prevent
this.
Is security by share or by user? What user name does samba run under if
security = share ?
Joel