problems with logon scripts for user names longer than 8 characters

Steve Helder sshelder at home.com
Wed Nov 14 13:44:04 GMT 2001

I just found my problem.  It has to do with the fact that I am transitioning
from a novell network to my linux/samba one.  It seems the novell client 32
for win9x/me machines doesn't like to run those files that are greater than
8.3 from a dos window over the network.  I removed the client from a couple
of workstations and the script ran like it was suppose to.  Once the
transition is complete (hopefully this weekend) I shouldn't have this
problem.

Sorry for spamming the mailing list.