How to check memory usage ?

Hactar eben at gate.net
Wed Nov 14 09:44:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Anucha Limbupasiriporn wrote:

> How to check memory usage on Unix server when Samba print job to client ?
> and Could you tell me to estimate resource comsumed on Unix server when
> Samba print job to client ?

Maybe run "top"?  You'd have to add up all approprate programs.  "ps axf"
to find out the processes involved, and then "top -b -n 1" to get a list
of processes.  This is with top from procps 2.0.4 on Linus; YMMV.

--
-eben         eQbWeEnR at gTaYtUeI.nOePt        home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

And we never failed to fail / It was the easiest thing to do -- CSN