Win2000 and Samba on Linux

ian.harper at vaisala.com ian.harper at vaisala.com
Wed Nov 14 04:11:02 GMT 2001

I have a problem since we installed Win2000 on some client machines, when
they logon to the network, they are prompted for a password for every server
that runs samba and has drives they want to connect to, it only prompts once
per server, also you must have a drive mounted on a machine in order to use
a printer via samba.

 With WIn98 it doesnt prompt for passwords each drive/printer.

I have recently installed Redhat 7.2 which has samba 2.2.1a and the problem
is still there

Has anyone got any ideas/clues ?? please e-mail direct as well as via list.

Ian Harper
Internal Support Engineer
Vaisala Ltd
349 Bristol Road