Sharing out users on multiple Samba server in Domain

Daniel Botella daniel.botella at teuchos.fr
Tue Nov 13 22:48:02 GMT 2001

Hello,
How can i configure samba to sharing out users on multiple server in one
domain.

I Have a PDC on my domain wich manage users with home on directories on
it.
I Would install a second samba server and distibute the user's home
among the two servers

 How (and where ) can I declare to the PDC that one specific user
 must connect to the specific samba server and mount his home directory
 on it.

example :
 1 samba PDC which authenticate users and manage homes directory for a
 lot of them
 1 or more other samba server (not PDC) which manage the directory of
the others users.

 Then I can't set logon home for all users in the global section :

 user A1 and A2 have their home directory on the PDC
 user B1 and B2 ont the second samba server

 the logon home parameter would be :
    logon home = \\PDCserver\%u for users A1 and A2
 and
    logon home = \\2ndserver\%u for users B1 and B2

 Another question is about the user's creation. Must I add the users on
 the two samba server ?