Please Help

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Nov 13 13:47:02 GMT 2001

You have to use the encrypt password parameter for the newer clients.
For your old clients, don't know what to do.
You could experiment, using a config file to switch smb.conf depending on
the client which connects.
man smb.conf has some information about config files and also what variables
are passed to samba when it connects to a client. One of those variables is
the os of the connecting client. Might help.
Joel