samba problems

Barker, Brian W. BRIAN.W.BARKER at saic.com
Mon Nov 12 10:46:46 GMT 2001

The response: The account is not authorized to login from this station
Is what I was getting on my Win2K machine. This group suggested that I
add:

encrypt passwords = yes

to my smb.conf file, also run 'smbpasswd' on the Samba machine.,
(see the smbpasswd man page)

Then your user connecting from NT must have the same name and password
as he/she has on the Samba machine.

It worked for me!

Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to get it to work from
both Win2k AND Win95 at the same time.

Brian W. Barker
SAIC
Rosslyn, VA