Creating machine trust account for NT

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Nov 11 23:41:04 GMT 2001

	Hello,

I've been trying to add a NT machine to a samba controlled domain following
the instructions listed in the HOWTO collection.
When I try to add the machine, I get following error:

"Unable to add or change accounts on the domain. The account information
entered does not grant sufficient privilege to create or change account".

I'm logged in as administrator at the NT machine and I create the machine
account using the root account in smbpasswd.
If I give a wrong password I get the message: "Unable to connect to the
domain controller for this domain. Either the user name or password entered
is incorrect".

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Kind regards,

Werner Maes