Compile error- print_cups.h

Peter David pwdmbtec at telocity.com
Sun Nov 11 21:03:03 GMT 2001

Hello,
I am updating my server to Mandrake 8.1 (old was Red Hat 6.2, with
Samba-2.0.7, runs great, but need more room and speed, also I want to try
Mandrake).  Tried to install Samba-2.1.1a, I keep getting a compile error
about print_cups.h file not found.  I DON'T want to print from my server,
already have a windows printer server, and don't care to print from this
server.  I even installed the latest version of cups, and still same
problem.
Questions:
1.  How do I compile Samba without print_cups?  I looked for
a --without-feature option, but none seem to help.
2.  If I can't compile without cups, then what do I need to get Samba to
compile?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Peter David