Windows 2000 prompts for password when using unix account on windows 2000 workstation

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Sun Nov 11 19:32:04 GMT 2001

Hi Greg,
the only way I know of to get around this is to use encrypted passwords
and smbpassword file, if you don't want to use samba in domain mode and
have it authenticate against an nt pdc.  The problem is that win2k will
NOT use a plaintext password on the wire (even though you tell it to in
the registry) without ASKING you to confirm first.
Hope this helps,
Don