Changing password from Windows

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Sun Nov 11 03:39:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have a working samba (2.0.7) server (Debian GNU/Linux 2.2)
configured with security = user, but NOT domain. The clients are
Windows 98.

I whish windows users to be able to change their password
without logging on the server (unix account on the server are
disabled). I tried from the Password applet of the Control
Panel, but I was able only to change the password stored on the
Windows client itself, nothing happened in the
/etc/samba/smbpasswd.

I think I need a smbpasswd client program running on Windows, or
I just missing some thing?

Niccolo
Firenze - Italy