Shortened sharenames

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Nov 10 19:57:03 GMT 2001

I poked around in the source code. (Which is about as intelligible as
Chinese to me.)
In client.c, there is a printf statement, which specifies printing only 15
characters at most. I changed it to print 30, but, smbclient still only
prints a 15 character share name, the rest is just padded blanks. I can't
figure out where the name is determined, likely in some other program, but,
who knows.  So, I am stumped.
Joel